The Bureau of Land Management Fillmore Field Office will reopen the Little Sahara Recreation Area (LSRA) visitor center on Feb. 18, just in time for those planning to visit during President’s Day weekend. The BLM is committed to connecting with nearby communities and providing access to premiere OHV and camping opportunities in “Utah’s Largest Sandbox.”
When visiting LSRA, keep in mind:
- The one-night permit fee is $18.00 per vehicle. This fee includes use of the area for 2 days and 1 night. Discounts are available for veterans and seniors.
- LSRA season passes are available at the BLM-Utah Fillmore Field Office, (435) 743-3100 and the BLM-Utah Salt Lake Field Office, (801)977-4300.
- All four campgrounds will be open and provide access to vault toilets.
- Safety flags are required for all OHV/UTV’s. Flags will be available for sale at the Visitor Center.
- Children under the age 8 are not allowed to operate any OHV/UTV on public lands, roads or trails in Utah. Children ages 8 through 15 may operate an OHV/UTV provided they possess an Education Certificate issued by Utah State Parks and Recreations or equivalent from their home state. Resident operators 16 years of age or older may operate an OHV/UTV if they possess either a valid driver’s license or an approved OHV education certificate.
- Please remember, tunneling in the sand can be dangerous.
Although LSRA does not provide all services, the surrounding cities of Nephi and Delta are full-service communities. These nearby communities offer a full complement of fuel, groceries, hotels, medical facilities, OHV supplies, and other amenities.
For more information about recreation opportunities at Little Sahara Recreation Area, contact the BLM-Utah Fillmore Field Office at (435) 743-3100, Monday through Friday, or by viewing our brochure:http://bit.ly/LSRAbrochure. Utah OHV rules can be found at: http://goo.gl/35sLK6.
Persons who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (DD) may call the Federal Relay Service (FRS) at 1-800-877-8339 to leave a message or question. The FRS is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Replies are provided during normal business hours.