Fire Sparks in Newhouse Apartment Building

27939650_1676204272402000_1003179082_n.jpg

Photos courtesy of ETV 10 News reader

A fire ignited on the third floor of the Newhouse Apartments on Carbon Avenue and Main Street in Price Thursday afternoon.

According to Price City Fire Chief Paul Bedont, a stove top inside one of the rooms was the source of the blaze. Bedont also stated that an individual disconnected the smoke alarm inside the affected apartment. This caused a slight delay in the fire department’s response, but it was still able to put out the fire in a timely manner.

The entire third floor of the apartment building was filled with smoke. This forced individuals living on the third floor to evacuate the building and find temporary shelter until the smoke completely cleared.

Bedont wished to inform community members that it is a crime to disconnect a smoke alarm in a public building. He also reminded community members to check all smoke alarms to make sure they are in working order.

Top
X