Carbon County is now accepting sealed proposals from qualified contractors for the collection of residential solid waste in the unincorporated portions of Carbon County. Contractors should submit the following information with their proposals:
1. Ability to provide garbage containers to residences;
2. Ability to collect garbage from county residences (i.e., size of truck fleet, number of employees, transfer stations, etc.)
3. Past experience in providing residential solid waste collection services;
4. Rates and fees proposed for the collection, including rates for pick-up from dumpsters in Scofield and other remote locations;
5. Proof of licensing and certification to perform required service.
The term of the contract will commence on November 1, 2018, and will extend for a period of four years, or for such period of time as Carbon County may negotiate with the selected contractor.
A draft of the proposed agreement that the contractor will be expected to enter into with Carbon County may be found at www.carbon.utah.gov/rfp.
Proposals and qualifications are due at the Carbon County Clerk’s office at 751 East 100 North, Price, Utah 84501, not later than 5:00 p.m. October 2, 2018, and should clearly indicate on the outside envelope, “Residential Waste Contract.” Proposals will be opened 4:30 p.m., October 3, 2018, during a regular meeting of the Carbon County Commissioners in the Commission chambers on the second floor of 751 East 100 North, Price, Utah.
Carbon County is not responsible for proposals that are received late due to delays in delivery by any source.Faxed proposals are not accepted.
Carbon County reserves the right to reject any or all proposals, to waive any informality of any proposal, and to accept the proposal or negotiate terms with the Contractor that the County determines will be best able to fulfill the services provided at the most reasonable rate to Carbon County.
Published in the ETV 10 Newspaper September 12, 2018